Tony had a "big brother" class tonight. At least that's what we called it. Our local hospital offers classes for children to help them become adjusted to being an older sibling. The class was not very long; only 45 minutes, but it covered the essentials - diapering, wrapping, safety, holding a baby, and sharing ideas and answering questions about being a sibling.Afterward, Tony wanted to take home a couple of diapers he had used to practice changing the doll with so he could practice on his 24 inch Teddy bear at home. Instead, I offered to buy a pack of diapers. I bought a $5.00 pack of cheap no-names for him to use.
Right now, his "Levi" Teddy Bear is securely snuggled into our infant car seat (one of a very few things we saved from Tony's infant days) in his room. I'm sure I'll be digging out an old bottle or two so he can practice holding and feeding a baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment