What a day yesterday! I had three extra kids at my school for most of the day. Six kids in grades 1 through 6 in one small living room created a really chaotic scene. Add to that an entryway strewn with hats, gloves, boots, jackets, scarves and all the typical winter outdoorware (the living room is just off the entryway).
Needless to say I was on my feet most of the day bending over kids helping with questions, listening to assignments, giving explanations, and planning a last minute art project for the kids.
Angelo decided that yesterday was the day he needed to work late. So after school and a few errands, it was time for supper. Becuase of my pregnancy, right now I am not able to spend a lot of time on my feet before I start getting some serious back pain. Because of that Angelo has really stepped up to the plate to help out. But not last night.
Since he was working late, I had to get supper on. I spent an hour working on a chop souy dish almost bent in two, using any available counter top or table to help me get around. Once I sat down to eat, I didn't get up again until almost midnight.
Angelo and Tony brought all the schoolwork that needed to be graded to me where I graded it. Then they took back to the desks.
I feel a lot better today; Angelo was at work by 6:30; home by four and he is doing supper tonight - a very easy Greek pasta dish.
No comments:
Post a Comment