The snow came and went, the warm up came and went, and more snow is on the way.
What has the hustle and bustle been around our house on the eve of T-day? Not much. Because my parents are on the West Coast, my mother-in-law is in the southeast, and my brother is in New England, it is kind of hard to get together with family. (Remember, I'm in the Midwest.) Tomorrow evening we will be getting together with friends. So all the feverish food preparation will be happening tomorrow. There isn't the turkey to thaw and bake; I'll be making the family favorite Mock Turkey Legs. It's a stuffing-based casserole dish.
We had school this morning; the kids worked really hard to get a whole day's work done before lunch, with homework completed right after lunch. Then we had a party of Thanksgiving treats, and a movie.
Tony had one last lesson to tend to this evening - his piano lesson. He completed his primer book and came home with three new ones. He is doing well, and we are really proud of him.
I have decided to read through the Narnia books during the holidays. Because of the upcoming movie, our co-op decided to do a literature class on the series with the middle and upper classes. Since I have never read the books before, I feel I need to read them so I know what the kids will be studying. I have not gotten into fantasy genre before, but have found these book to be a pretty easy read. I can't read it for too long at a time before my head is full and I need to think about it for a bit. We are not movie goers, but I just might ask Angelo for a date and go see the movie when it comes out.
Happy holidays to all of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment