Duran Family

Duran Family

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Home from Church Outing - In Spite of the Rain.

Tony and I arrived home from Church Outing very early this morning. I have written some blog entries which I will start posting today.

We did have a good time; a time of growth and enjoyment. There will be plenty of pictures to show as well.

In spite of the rain - Saturday, June 11, 10:50 PM

I forgot to tell you Tony and I were on our way to Church Outing. We left a couple hours earlier than what we had initially planned.

Let me tell you that around here that the first part June is typically the stormiest type of year as summer clashes with winter. This creates torrential rains, spectacular storms and sometimes the threat of tornadoes. Now, since I live within a large metro area of my state, the so-call heat island affect provides me some perception of protection from severe storms.

Church Outing is located well outside that metro area and storms roll across with frightening severity. Since arriving on Thursday (June 9th), I've been through one thunderstorm severe enough I woke myself up trying to scream, one tornado watch that had church officials VERY nervous, and enough torrential rain that the grounds keepers put pumps out to drain the water that was pooling on the lawn and flooding sidewalks.

But in spite of the rain, Tony and I are having a good time. He's with his friends, I'm free to attend classes, and I've been able to catch up on the news of my far-flung friends. Tony and I will be here all week and hopefully I'll be able to use Angelo to keep you up to date.

No comments: