I'm sorry I have taken so long to keep you up to date on Angelo's job hunt and life around here in general. I've been out of routine, and it always throws me for a loop, and leaves me a bit depressed.
Tony finished up the DVD portion of school last week, and did the last bit of paperwork today. He is now a proud first grader. (See the picture of him below.)
Angelo had three interviews on Wednesday last week and one on Thursday. The Thursday interview we were really hoping he would get. Not to be. This morning he got a phone call saying they were looking elsewhere to fill the position. Angelo believes he was over-qualified for the job.
Do you remember back in October when a large software company from another state came calling? I resisted the idea of Angelo getting a job there. Well, guess what. They came calling again. Angelo is going to do a phone interview with them Friday afternoon. I still desperately dread the thought of moving, especially since I will have not one, not two but three young ladies at my house to join Tony for school next year.
When Angelo told me about this latest development the only thing I could do is put my head on the doorframe and sob. I'm so tired of this! I really wish that I could snap my fingers and POOF Angelo would have a good, steady, full-time job with excellent benefits. But I guess life isn't like that.
It doesn't help that I'm feeling pressure from my parents. The other day I called them excited about a book I found, and my mom thought I was calling to tell her Angelo had a job. When she realized that was not the reason I called, she was disappointed and annoyed that I would call excited about something else. All I could think to tell her was, "Fine, I won't call again until Angelo has a job." Life does goe on, and I'm trying hard to make it as normal a life for Tony as I can.
Please pray for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment