Last night as I was getting ready for bed, I went into the bathroom to put a few things away. I accidently knocked the base part of our electric toothbrush off the counter and right onto my foot - point side down. I didn't even see it coming so I could move my foot out of the way.
Yeah, it hurt but I didn't worry about it, thinking the pain would go away soon.
I felt the pain during the night, so this morning I started thinking of a foot brace of some kind, while Angelo starting talking doctor's office. I am not the kind of person to go running into the doctor for every little bump or scratch. I wavered a long time. I finally called the care line nurse, and after getting all the symptoms, she told me to go to the urgent care clinic. Instead we went to the local drug store to find a brace or an ace bandage. We bought a $5.00 off brand self-adhesive. It was only after my foot started getting cold inside my shoe did I decide to see the doctor.
On the way there I again started to waver, telling Angelo I would be spending good, scarce money only to be told to keep my shoe on for support.
$20, two hours and three x-rays later I was told, "Keep an Ace bandage or some sort of splint support on your foot and wear a good support shoe such as those athletic shoes you're wearing. You do not have a broken foot."
This will be fun...we were planning to take Tony to the zoo today.
No comments:
Post a Comment