April 11, 2005 Monday 9:15PM
I'm already losing track of time. Is it Monday or Tuesday?
It was a quiet day after yesterday's activities. We slept in a bit, or tried to. Between a couple rumbles of thunder, a light left on, and a little boy kicking me in his sleep, I didn't get much sleep last night.
We finally left for another town to visit Bass Pro Shop's Outdoor World. What a place! We spent several hours there wandering through the different sections, getting pictures of each other by taxidermied animals. In effort to get us outdoors and camping more, my parents helped me buy a new 10x12 foot tent. I'm excited about spending a couple weekends camping.


One of the largest hunting, camping and outdoor activities stores I have ever seen.

Tony is making friends with a Bass Pro shop moose. He can also tell you all about the resident alligator turtle.

After a visit to a nearby nature center so Tony could work on another section of his Lewis and Clark journal (and earn another nature pin), we stopped at Lambert's Cafe for dinner. I knew we were in for something special when I walked inside. There were wood-hewed beams; and license plates, old fashioned stoves, gas pumps, advertising pictures and the like decorated the walls.
Our ice water came in 32-ounce mugs, the dinner rolls were thrown to us, and the food included not only what we ordered, but also the "pass arounds." Waiters walk around with pots of traditional southern food for us to try. Fried okra, potatoes and onions, black eye peas, bread with sorghum, and macaroni with tomatoes all found their way onto our already bulging plates.

Lambert's Cafe, one unique place!

We arrived home between rain showers and rushed through a game of putt-putt. We saw storm clouds coming in, and so Tony and I dashed over to the swimming pool to get a quick dip in before the storm hit. We got out of the pool about 8:30 just ahead of the security guy kicking everyone else out because of the storm, dressed and headed to the door. We opened the door just as the clouds let loose. My parents had joined us, and we dashed from the doors of the pool to the doors of the activity center only to find them locked. Fortunately the patio just outside is a covered patio, so we crowded up next to the building while the rain poured down before us, the hail danced in front of us, the lightning crackled above us, and the thunder boomed around us. Tony crowded into me until someone with a key came and let us in. We even received a courtesy ride back to our condo, but by that time, the worst of the storm had passed.
So now, it's time to catch up on journals (I'm keeping four of them here; this blog, my journal, the one I keep for Tony, and the journal Tony dictates to me.) and sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment