Got a wake up call from Angelo at 6:20. Was in the shower by 6:40. The phone was ringing at 6:50. It was M calling to make arrangements for child care. I agreed to pick up her kids on the way back from "college class" to take them ice skating.
College class started at 8:30 this morning instead of nine because of a special concert by an excellent Japanese high school band.
Picked up J., J. and J. on the way home - only to have a change of plans. Original plans were to take them ice skating and then drop them off at home. Instead, after ice-skating they came to my house for lunch and school.
On the way up to the rink, the four kids each had school books and papers out and were working on a few problems. Tony and his friend Nelly were sitting next to each other and were helping each other with math. It was so cute that I called home and left myself a message on my answering machine as a reminder to get it into Tony's journal.
I had four kids in my basement school; two sprawled on the floor, and Tony and his young friend sitting at the table. They enjoyed working together and comparing books and subjects.
When Tony was about half done with school, I let him and Nelly go outside with the other boys who had finished earlier so we could all play baseball. We had a good game going (I was the pitcher) when I tossed the ball to Tony so he could get one of the boys out. My aim was too good and the ball beaned my son on the forehead off a bounce. A small bump formed on his head, but nothing that was big, ugly and purple which could have so easily formed. A hug, an ice pack and some reassuring words were all Tony needed to get him back into the game.
As soon as his friends left, Tony and I went back downstairs to read. He wanted to finish his Book It goal tonight to so he could get his reading medal.
We finished school this evening; and as soon as I sent Tony upstairs, I started previewing school for tomorrow.
Somewhere in the middle of all this, I managed to get a doctor's appointment scheduled for Angelo, a vet appointment made for Princess, routes planned for our trip out of town, got a load of laundry washed and dried, and I think ate a meal somewhere.
So that was my day today, how was yours?
No comments:
Post a Comment