Last September I bought a mega buck swim suit that I thought would last for quite a while. I was tired of the cheapos falling apart on me after a couple of months, so I wanted something that would last. I bought a T*R suit and took very good care of it - following the washing instructions to a T. I did a lot of swimming last fall - swimming laps while Tony was in his swimming lesson. After his lesson we had play time in the pool, so I averaged a couple hours in the pool each week for about two and a half months.
With the onset of winter, the swim suit was carefully washed one last time and hung on the rack to dry.
Today began the spring sesson of swimming lessons. I took the swim suit down, packed it into our swim bag with Tony's new trunks, and headed off. I put on my expensive but a bit faded suit, briefly looked in the mirror to make sure the suit still looked good on me, and headed out. About forty minutes into our pool time however, something was wrong. The suit sagged a bit. I went into the locker room to look and sure enough, this big bucks suit was falling apart.
I went to our local discount clothier, found a nice suit for 1/3 the price of my now worthless swim suit and will be wearing that for the next couple months.
Anyone have ideas on how to redeem my money for what I thought would be a good swimsuit?
No comments:
Post a Comment