Duran Family

Duran Family

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

As I went in to say good night....

I was just reading what Christine over at Mommy Matters, and in her entry, I've Secured a Ticket to the Looney Bin she talks about how much she loves her kids, but can't wait until they are asleep. But once they are asleep she misses them and then goes to check on them, kiss their cherubic faces, wishing they would respond.

I read her entry, made a quick comment, and ran upstairs to kiss Tony good night. As I walked into his room, I discovered that his beloved stuffed dog, Freckles had fallen from the top bunk to the floor. I picked up the toy, and whispered into my sleeping son's ear, "Where's Freckles?" Immediately he lifted up his head, tried to look around and whispered, "I don't know." I tickled his face with Freckle's paw, and Tony reached out grasped Freckles and neatly tucked it under his arm.

So, here's the point of this whole entry; does your child/ren sleep with a favorite toy or blanket? How real is the toy to them? For Tony, Freckles spends part of most days tucked under his arm. It often goes to services with us on the weekend, and "guards" the car while we are inside. And yes, Freckles is a very frequent visitor to our school.

No comments: