Duran Family

Duran Family

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Does your day go like this?

I try to have a plan for each day; a routine. Generally my day goes something like this. Up and shower, ready for the day. Family worship and sometimes breakfast. School with Tony until lunch time (between 12:30 and 1:00) Sometimes I can get some laundry done during school. After lunch is house cleaning, bills, personal projects, and activities with Tony. Around 4:00 I fold the laundry and around 5:00 I start supper. After supper and cleanup we have some family time, and then generally after 8:00PM I go back downstairs to preview and prepare activities for Tony's school for the next day.

Today I followed this routine, but it was what I had planned and what I ended up doing that didn't match. Here's what happened.

I had talked about giving the dog a bath, but because of the cold weather and his long fur I really didn't want to. I knew that it would take hours for his fur to dry, during which time he would have to go outside several times. It's winter time, and around here it can get very cold. This afternoon, I decided to give him the desperately needed bath. Afterward I got out the heating pad to wrap up in the blankets I knew he was going to curl up on in an effort to stay warm. I ended up pulling most of the linens out of the linen closet to find the heating pad, so I had to reorganize the closet.

In organizing the closet I discovered two candles that were unusable in their current state, so I got out the supplies to remelt and remold them with new wicks. In the meantime our "junk" drawer was sitting out on our bed after it had been pulled out in an effort to find a missing phone/PDA cable. While the candles were cooling I finished the closet and redid the drawer.

Since Angelo had a meeting tonight, I had to make sure that supper was started and completed on time. The way I am, I couldn't start dinner until all the other projects were completed.

So in all this, what were the planned job to get done today? The drawer (planned when I pulled it out this morning) I suppose we could say the dog since I had talked about it for a couple days, but the candles and the closet were not in the plans.

What did not get done today? The laundry, getting the floor mopped, and getting the dusting done.

Is your life like this?

No comments: