Duran Family

Duran Family

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Three down, two more to go.

The Christmas round of concerts and parties began last Sunday with a mini-concert at the local mall. Angelo sang in the choir while I played my flute, including a last-minute solo.

Last Thursday Tony had a Christmas Party at his co-op where it was his turn to perform in a concert; he played a classroom set of bells. He told me later that he was excited, but a little bit nervous that he was going to miss the F-sharp.

Last night was event number three. Along with the unpracticed crack of wood I mentioned last night, I also sang with the Praise Team, sang with the choir and played the same solo on my flute. The whole program went very well. Unfortunately, though I brought my camera I forgot to give it to someone to take pictures of. I'll have to see if I can get, borrow, beg, or steal (well OK, not steal) pictures from someone else.

Today is event number four, another Christmas party for Tony at his youth club. I'm not sure what will be happening there, but I will be around to offer any assistance needed.

Tomorrow evening, and Wednesday evening are practices for the final event Christmas Eve. Tony and his friends are going to be shephards in a nativity scene, Angelo and I are Mr. and Mrs. Innkeeper, I think the Choir will be singing again (that Angelo and I) the Praise team will be singing again (that's me) and I'll be playing my flute on at least one song. I don't know yet.

Oh yeah, there's the Christmas Day program as well.

Tony still has two days of school before Christmas break, and did I mention sleep anywhere around there? I'm still trying to find that.

No comments: