So much for good ideas. I got a phone call early this morning (well, OK it was 8:30) asking if my sewing machine worked. It does. The lady who has been sewing all the costumes for our program Friday night decided to make another costume for Tony since the one designated for him was really too small. The problem was that she had other appointments and couldn't get it done. So she brought the material to me.
I had only a couple hours to get the house clean and the laundry started before she showed up. She assured me it "will only take a two or three hours to get this all done, it's really quite simple." Yeah for her, who has made a dozen or so similar costumes already. My sewing machine hasn't been out of its case for quite a few months. Her few hours became my six hours. I had to have the shepherd costume done today because we had dress rehearsal tonight.
The practice tonight went well. Tony and the other kids were darling in the various costumes, and they behaved. Angelo behaved better as well, trying hard to "get into the act," so to speak. He really is not a drama person and feels rather uncomfortable on stage.
We have music practice tomorrow night, and the program is Friday night. Christmas Day services will include a modified version of the music sang the night before; Angelo and I are involved with the choir and my flute.
I'm sure many of you will agree with me, the "break" in Christmas break comes AFTER Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment