Duran Family

Duran Family

Friday, November 12, 2004

Who is your child's Super Hero?

Because we do not watch a lot of TV, my son's super hero list is quite small. And, I 've generally discouraged super heroes, though I don't actually forbid it. Until recently, the only character Tony liked to imitate was H*t Entertainment's "B*b the Builder."

But now, he has a new superhero. We do watch a very popular program on the AB* network. The design team featured on this program surprises a deserving family with a week-long vacation while their house is completely remodeled. The team leader has become Tony's super hero right now. I don't mind because of the nature of the program; it's a program of giving of themselves.

Yesterday, I discovered that the design team is redoing the home of a family who lives less than an hour from my parents place. Tony's biggest dream right now is to go back to Washington so he could see his super hero. That won't be possible, but as a mother, I sure wish I could make his wish come true. Oh, if you live in the Puget Sound area of Washington and are curious about the building going on, check out this link

Who's your child's super hero? Do you encourage it or not?

No comments: