Duran Family

Duran Family

Saturday, November 20, 2004

There goes the toy box

Angelo came home a few minutes ago from a Target run. In his arms was a couple boxes of granola bars, a box of felt crafts for me in case I need them in my work with kids, a new pair of(cheap) headphones for Tony and of all things, a plastic recorder with instruction book for himself. Can we say "impulsive?" His explanation? "I've wanted to learn how to play an instrument and what easier instrument to learn then a recorder?"

I couldn't really say anything as I play flute and want to encourage music in this family. Tony has a recorder and he gets it out to play every now and then. When he saw his daddy's he suddenly decided he wanted to play his own recorder as well.

So, here's the scene: Angelo is standing in the kitchen reading the book and experimenting with notes; Tony, using his new headphones by listening to a praise tape recorded at our church is enthusiastically singing along as he listens to the songs we sang a couple weeks ago. In between his tunes I hear thumps and bumps in his bedroom that gives me a very strong idea that he is pulling everything out of his toy box trying to find his recorder.

Hmmm, can you imagine the mess I'm going to find in his room after Tony emerges with the newly found recorder held up triumphantly in his hand?

Check this link out to see why Tony wanted his recorder so bad.

No comments: