There has been significant process in my mom's improvement. She is down to roughly 36 percent oxygen or three liters an hour, and she has moved from a mask to a nose thingie. (Pardon the lack of medical terms.) She was moved out of ICU last night.
I talked with her just a few minutes ago, and she was very glad to hear from me. However, her voice is very weak, and at times it was hard to hear and understand. She did say she had two very happy doctors visit her this morning; they are very impressed with how well she's doing.
Now, about going home to Washington. Mom would like for me to come, and she would like Tony to come, but I am in a dilemma. Would it be a good thing for a five-year-old to see Nana in that state? (That state is very weak, with an oxygen nose thingie, and with no or very little hair.) Even Mom wondered if it would be too scary for him.
Up until this point I had assumed Tony would stay here, and I've made extensive preparations with his schooling. I've previewed the lessons up to two weeks in advance trying to get all the props and worksheets ready, adding extra notes and the like for whoever will be taking care of him. If he goes, it will only be with the understanding that someone there will be willing to take Tony (and his schooling) should we need someone to watch him for a while. I just don't know what would be the best for Mom, for my son, for my dad and for me. Hmmm.. I guess since we don't yet have any dates, it is very hard to make any plans.
No comments:
Post a Comment