Duran Family

Duran Family

Thursday, October 07, 2004

A little of this, a little of that, and my mom

1) A little of this: My exercise BLOG is on hiatus right now. My exercise is not. I have found it is pretty difficult to keep up with this blog, my exercise blog and my son's blog, so I have put one of them on hold, and moved another to a less important spot. This blog will still be kept up to date. As far as my exercise is concerned, you can still keep me accountable by looking at the left-hand column and encourage me as the biking and swimming numbers change.

Yes swimming. Now that Tony is taking swimming lessons, I have the opportunity to get into the pool and swim laps while he is in class. Last week I got 600 meters in, today I got 1.1 kilometers done. I feel great, except for the headache and the stinging eyes.

2) A little of that: Today was our big day; homeschool co-op, swimming lessons, and a trip to the library ( all of that goes from 8:30 AM until about 4:00 PM). As we were leaving the library, I noticed that one of the tires on our car was quite low. Closer inspection revealed that not only was it low, the tire was cracked. In several places. Uh-huh. I'm about seven miles from home. No gas station in sight. And I have to take a freeway. Yeah right. So I load Tony in the car, pray that the Lord will give us protection, and ease the car out into the traffic. About a block down the road a T*res Pl*s store looms out from behind the trees. OK. Get tires changed. Not on my itinerary, but needs to be done. So now my wallet is about $130 lighter, and my red Saturn coupe is sporting two new front tires.

The last two times we put new tires on vehicles, those cars were either in an accident, or threw a rod within two months of getting the tires replaced. I hope I just didn't jinx myself.

3) My Mom Best news for last. My mom is coming home from the hospital tomorrow. Yippee!!! She's pretty excited about it, as we all are. Considering we weren't even sure if she was going to live the night, this is great news. Tony and I will be flying out to Seattle next Wednesday morning. Our flight leaves at 6:00 AM. Ugh. And, we have to transfer in Chicago midway. No offense to anyone, but I really don't like Chicago. Especially with a five-year-old in tow. I really would rather take the train, thank you, but time is of an importance now. Again thanks for your prayers, and I'm sure once I get to my parents home, they'll want to add a word of gratitude as well.

No comments: