Duran Family

Duran Family

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Home, safe and sound

Hi, just wanted to let you know that Tony and I made it home safe and sound. Thanks for all the emails and comments you sent my way while we were gone. Please accept my apologies if I don't email back; Tony and I are jumping right into the middle of everything with co-op and swimming lessons tomorrow, and other business matters on Friday. The weekend is full as well, with services and creative writing class.

Mom is doing fine; she is having some problems with nausea. She is able to eat a little, but we all wish she could eat more. She has lost about 20 pounds since all this started, some weight loss was good, but not that much.

Angelo heard back from that large software company in a far away state. They told him that his skills didn't quite match what they were looking for, but there were other projects within the company and his resume will be forwarded on to them. Angelo translates that as, "Since you live so far away, we didn't want to put out the cost of moving you here when we can probably find people nearby with the nearly the same skills you have." He really feels that if he had alrady lived in the area, they would have hired him.

As far as how I feel about it, I'm relieved and disappointed at the same time. Relieved that I don't have to move, and disappointed because my husband didn't get the job he was hoping for.

As for my feelings about the whole situation, like I told him this evening when we drove home from the airport, "Just think of me like a can of pop; when I get shook, I'll spout. But once I've thought about it, the pressure is gone and I'll be OK." I've told him that before, and he realizes that is how I work.

Thanks for your prayers. It's good to be home. Now, if only I can get that onion smell off my hands.....

Quote of the Day:
My brother (Tony's Uncle Wayne) on the phone to Tony: So, how do you like Nana's bald head?
Tony: Nana looks awesome without any hair.
Nana (sitting right next to Tony): Smiles big and says, "Tony, that's the best compliment anyone's ever given me."

No comments: