Duran Family

Duran Family

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

An update on my mom

My mom had her first round of chemo last week, and this morning she and I had an Instant Message conversation. It went something like this:
VJ: How are you feeling?
Mom: So far better. Dr. gave me an antibiotic yesterday to take in case I developed a fever, which I did last night, so I am taking that. My white count was low, which we expected, so no immunity to fight off infection.
VJ: I hope you feel better.
Mom: Right now I am doing pretty good. I seem to have developed a foot infection and am trying to stay off that, soak it, etc.
VJ: OK.
Mom: Hopefully it will get better. I assume that is what caused the fever, and I sure don't want it to get any worse.
VJ: Just take it easy, and remember people are praying for you.

She went on to say that she really hates being sick, and feels bad that she can't do what needs to be done around the house.

Please continue to pray for her, and our family. Thanks.

August happy moment: Tony's DVD player came a full 24 hours ahead of schedule. I think it will work perfectly for his homeschooling program.

I would love to post a picture, but the "Hello" program that has a blogger bot isn't working for me anymore, and no one at Google/Picasa doesn't seem to be answering the many emails and questions everyone is sending them. I guess I'll just have to post a link later.

No comments: