Duran Family

Duran Family

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Eight years and going strong

Eight years ago today on a warm, steamy Sunday Angelo and I were married. Tonight we quietly celebrated with a dinner out, and spent some time wandering aimlessly hand-in-hand through several stores enjoying the chance to be by ourselves. Tony, at his request, stayed with some friends this evening rather than join us for a meal. That was fine with us.

As Angelo and I meandered through a mall, a couple of young ladies wearing the latest in alternative styles walked past us. One of them (the one with the most colorful hair) exclaimed in a not so quiet voice, “Oh look! That’s so cute! A couple holding hands.”

Angelo and I looked at each other as we kept going, only to break out in an amused chuckle when we knew we were out of earshot.

It’s been a good eight years. I asked Angelo if he loved me as much now as the day he married me, and without hesitation he said, “I love you MORE now than then.”

I have to say my sentiments about him are the same. I love him more now than then.

AUGUST CHALLENGE

That’s an easy one, spending an evening alone with my husband.

Also, talking to mom on the phone the day after her first chemo treatment. She is doing well.

And, talking to my brother on the phone and hearing his upbeat voice as he joked about having to deal with all the August birthdays and anniversaries on both sides of his family.

No comments: