Duran Family

Duran Family

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Oops, I shouldn’t have done that…

It was another beautiful day today, perfect for wading in the pool. Tony changed into his bathing suit while I got the little pool out and starting filling it with water. I went back into the house to get a book and the phone, and then came back outside shutting….and locking the door behind me. It was an automatic thing to do; lock the door. As soon as I heard the door latch, I knew I was in trouble.

Right away I went around back to the bathroom window to see if I could get it open. We usually leave it unlocked just so we could get in if something like this happened. But even as I pulled and jerked on the window sill, I knew it wasn’t going to open, because I had locked it prior to going to our church outing.

I tried other windows, but to no avail. Fortunately I had the phone so I called Angelo and he agreed to come home – in about an hour. So, I settled myself in for an afternoon of playing tug of war with the garden hose with Tony, and reading my book. I only hoped Tony wouldn’t get cold and ask to go inside.
Tony is having fun with his wading pool.

The one big annoyance was Prince. He was inside barking furiously at us; wanting to be where we were. He barked, whined, howled and scratched at the window trying desperately to be noticed. I couldn’t do a thing.

Angelo FINALLY arrived home, and is now out getting another house key and something to keep it in so we can hide it somewhere around the house.

Have you ever done anything like that? Do you keep a spare house key hidden somewhere outside? (Don’t tell me where!)

No comments: