Duran Family

Duran Family

Thursday, July 22, 2004

I talked to my mom this morning…

I just got off the phone with my mom.  She did go home from the hospital last night, and has had a plethora of friends and family over to help.  She and Dad are overwhelmed with the outpouring of kindness and prayers the last couple weeks, and wishes to thank those who have remembered her. 
 
She is doing well, and is trying to cut down on the pain medication; they make her nauseous.  She is hoping she will have the full pathology report on Monday, and will be sure to let me know what is up. 
 
She is encountering one obstacle, however; all the surgery was done on the left side, and she is left-handed (An aside: Dad and I are also left handed.), so she is quite limited in what she can do well right now.
 
We spent a few minutes talking about our diets and health, encouraging each other to maintain healthy, simple diets full of fruits and vegetables.     
 More later, when I have the news.

No comments: