Duran Family

Duran Family

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Favorite Childhood book

I just finished reading one of Tony’s favorite books to him Barney’s Pizza Shop. As I finished the story and kissed his sleeping cherubic face, I wondered if 15 or 20 years from now he would remember this simple childhood story.

Then I thought back to my early childhood favorite books. There are two I remember. The first was about a lonely kitten who gets stuck in a tree and the fire department was called out to rescue the kitten. The firemen then adopt the kitty. By the end of the book you see the cat jumping onto the fire engines every time the bell rings. The other story was about a little boy who tries to come up with some special trick for his coming grandparents. He is teased and ridiculed by his older brothers and sisters until he decides he can do somersaults. And even though his siblings tease him, his grandparents are thoroughly pleased. Unfortunately I don’t remember the title of either book. I do have in my mind however, the color of the covers; the kitty one is basically a sky blue color, and the one about the visiting grandparents is more green, and has a Golden Book binding, I believe, though I could be wrong.

Do you remember your early childhood books, what are they?

No comments: