Duran Family

Duran Family

Monday, July 19, 2004

Back to that schooling thing again.

Tony popped a question at me today; it came out of nowhere, or at least it appeared that way.  “Mommy where’s Mrs. B?”
 
Do you remember this entry, when Angelo and I picked up Tony’s curriculum for Kindergarten we were given two sample DVD’s?  Currently a friend of mine has the DVD’s for viewing, and I told Tony that Mrs. B., the Kindergarten teacher he watched on the samples, wasn’t here right now.
 
“Mommy can we do school with Mrs. B today?” He asked not understanding what I said. 
 
I told him he and I could do school together. 
 He was OK with that so we settled in for about an hour.  When we finished with math, vocabulary and reading, he wandered off, and I decided to make a phone call.  I wanted to know how much Kindergarten tuition was at the parochial school I taught at two years ago.  What I heard made my mouth hit the ground.  For a five-day kindergarten program parents paid $3,995 for the year, lunches and activities are extra. 
 
Nope, not for me, not this year. 

No comments: