Duran Family

Duran Family

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Things really do go THUMP in the night

OK, so I was sound asleep dreaming about oceans and kids with computers when all of a sudden a THUMP woke me up. Did I dream the THUMP? I wasn’t sure until Angelo stirred next to me and asked me if I heard anything.

Either I drempt that THUMP so loud he heard it, or he drempt that THUMP so loud I heard it, or things really do go THUMP in the night.

We decided we had to investigate. He thought it came from the kitchen, so he started there, while I headed to Tony’s room to make sure he was still on the top bunk and not on the floor. There was his cherubic face gracing the pillow buried under all his stuffed animals. No THUMP there.

Angelo didn’t have any better luck finding the THUMP in the kitchen. The pots and pans were in place, the cupboard doors closed, and the dishwasher nestled in its corner.

We crawled back into bed asking ourselves if we really heard the THUMP, as the sound was already fading from our sleeping memories. Besides, if we had really heard something, wouldn’t have Prince been out of bed barking at whatever sound we heard. There he was, stretched out, sound asleep, taking full advantage of the vacated bed.

This morning, Angelo peers into the shower and exclaimed he discovered what went THUMP in the night. I came in, looked, and found the full bottle of shampoo resting easily in the bathtub, having fallen from it’s perch about four feet up. THUMP.

No comments: