I had a case of the giggles last night, an uncontrollable case. Angelo, Tony and I were playing around together, and I ended up hiding in the bathroom, behind a locked door. Angelo and Tony finally got the door unlocked where I jumped out and startled them. Tony, in the spirit of fun, screamed at my sudden appearance, and I got the giggles.
I couldn’t stop laughing. Tony tried asking me a question, and I laughed all the harder. Again, Tony asked, and I chortled uncontrollably. This scared Tony, and he started to cry. I tried to stop laughing, but I couldn’t; the vision of Tony delightfully screaming in our little game kept passing across my eyes. Angelo took Tony aside and tried to explain to him that what Mommy had was like the hic cups. You can’t get rid of them until they go away by themselves.
Believe me, I tried to stop laughing, I really did. I finally thought I had myself under control and went into our room where Tony had sought refuge from my uncontrollable mirth. He tried asking me a question, and off I went again, rolling on the floor, laughing. This time he waited patiently until I regained control of my senses and could converse with him like any normal, sane mother.
Several more times the urge to laugh almost pushed me over the edge, but I managed to keep it under control.
But you know something? That laughing sure felt good. It put balance back into my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment