Duran Family

Duran Family

Friday, May 21, 2004

Oh to have a beanbag and a fireplace!

I spent about five hours working outside yesterday afternoon trying to escape the work I had yet to do inside. Normally I’m one who can take or leave outside work, but yesterday I really got into it. Cutting dead branches, moving plants, creating flowerbeds, weed whacking; I completed one chore after another. I even worked through supper trying to get my impromptu list of items done. Finally as darkness made an emphatic “Here I am!” I coiled up the last bit of hose and took a look at my handiwork. It looked good.

I slept with a very sore back last night, and today – well it’s raining today so I’m forced to stay inside and deal with the inside work I so successfully avoided yesterday. I would much rather curl up in a beanbag before a crackling fire with a cup of hot chocolate and a good book. Two problems; I don’t have a beanbag and I don’t have a fireplace. So, I guess I better quit procrastinating and get to work.

No comments: